Business Analysis is the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization and to recommend solutions.
• Business Analyst
• System Analyst
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
• Basic experience in Business Analysis
• Basic Experience as an IT engineer (developer, administrator, etc)
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Understand how Business Analysts performs Business Analysis in accordance to BABOK Process Model
Key Concept and Knowledge Areas
• Basic explanation of six knowledge areas of Business Analysis: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring, Elicitation, Requirement Management and Communication, Enterprise Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Solution Assessment and Validatio
Business Analyst Roles, Task, Techniques and Competencies
• The role of a Business Analyst, the importance of the profession in IT Enterprise, and the skills and techniques necessary for a Business Analyst to have
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
• The Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring knowledge area focuses on laying the groundwork for successfully defining, planning, and completing the business analysis work for a project Elicitation
• Elicitation is the process to get to know what is the requirements expected for a solution, extracted from stakeholders
Requirement Management and Communication
• Requirement Management and Communication focus on ensuring that the right people are involved with developing, understanding, and approving the project requirements.
• Enterprise Analysis Knowledge Area describes the business analysis activities necessary to identify a business need, problem, or opportunity inside a company/business.
• Requirement Analysis is the phase for extracting, prioritizing, modelling and synthesizing solution requirements from stakeholder requirements gathered during the Elicitation activities
Solution Assessment and Validation
• Solution Assessment and Validation focus on assessing proposed solutions, allocating requirements to solution components, and validating the solution to make sure it will meet the business need and deliver value to the organization and its stakeholders