You will learn how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. This course helps you to successfully complete the associated Cloud exam to become CompTIA Cloud Essentials certified.
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials specialty certification demonstrates that an individual knows what cloud computing means from a business and technical perspective, as well as what is involved in moving to and governing the cloud.
Candidate have at minimum 6 months of experience working in an IT environment with a direct involvement in IT-related decision-making, tasks and/or responsibilities.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are working within a cloud environment in the following job functions will derive the most career benefits out of this CompTIA Cloud Essentials training course:
• IT staff
• IT developers
• Business process owners
• Business managers
• Small and midsized business owners
• Service providers
• System integrators
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
• Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
• Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
• Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measuresneeded for each.
• Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved incloud computing.
• Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
• Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework isuseful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
• Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the riskmitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential costconsiderations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
Understanding Cloud Computing Concepts
• Understand Basic Cloud Concepts and Terms
• Identify Cloud Network and Cloud Storage Technologies
• Recognize Cloud Design Aspects
Applying Cloud Business Principles
• Relate Cloud Concepts to Business Principles
• Establish Cloud Vendor Relations
• Distinguish the Financial Aspects of Engaging a Cloud Service Provider
• Report Financial Expenditures
Advising a Cloud Design and Migration
• Relate Cloud Concepts to Cloud Design and Migration
• Use Cloud Assessments
• Manage Cloud Design
• Compare Cloud Migration Approaches
• Identify Benefits and Solutions of Cloud Services
Operating in the Cloud
• Relate Cloud Concepts to Technical Operations
• Identify the Technical Aspects of Cloud Operations
• Understand DevOps in the Cloud
• Explain Cloud Security Concerns, Measures, and Concepts
Managing Cloud Governance
• Relate Cloud Concepts to Governance
• Apply Risk Management Concepts
• Understand Compliance and the Cloud
• Manage Policies and Procedures for Cloud Services