Infographics are an exciting visual way to tell a story, reveal the truth in the data, provide engaging and accessible information, and reinforce your brand. If they are timely, relevant and useful – and great to look at – they can have a viral impact. But the content has to be rich, well-researched, accurate, and have a strong narrative flow.
No Prerequisites for this course
• What is an infographic?
• What makes a successful infographic?
• Balanced branding: how infographics work best as marketing tools
• The infographics as an integrated element of your company’s digital marketing strategy
Common Infographic Styles
• Diagram Infographics
• Process Infographics
• Chart Infographics
• Timeline Infographics
• Best practice for data presentation
Getting good ideas
• Researching topics for different infographic styles
• Finding the best data
• Defining and refining your angle
Telling the story
• Infographic content as journalism
• Structuring the narrative
• What’s new or different?
• Reliable data: using statistics and facts to support the story
• Brief but never dull: the art of concise reporting
The Call to Action
• The core message of your infographic
• Your audience: who wants to know?
• Compelling content: revelations, shared practical advice and engaging questions
• Capturing emotions: how to write attention-grabbing headlines and other sells
Avoiding common pitfalls
• Weak, old or non-existent stories
• Inaccurate or out-of-date data
The design brief
• Visualizing the story
• Standing out from the crowd